Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #301
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Was done pretty quick, 'coulda done it better' (<< my standard excuse). Thanks tho. Will do that zapata at the next available moment. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #302
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Remember that if it sounds
    right, it is and then, you
    will always be able to im-
    prove. Play and record lots.

    Listen to yourself. Focus on
    the big to the small and not
    the other way around.

    I like the mix. Be sensitive
    to that. Make sure you jibe.

    More, Rudy!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  3. #303
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You are a great guy Peter, you are always helping people out, if I ever complained about something you had nothing to do with it... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #304
    Inactive Member Pocketime's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2003
    Posts
    322
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As I am listening to stuff 7 and reading some of your comments about your playing I am reminded of why this forum was designed and why it is so popular. This is a place to share information, ideas, and to be a part of the larger drum community. This is where we come to grow with one another and enjoy the gift of drumming that we have been given not just talk about the latest Vinnie or Weckl stuff. It is more than apparent that there are some really talented and gifted drummers on this site of which you are one!!! Dont ever stop posting or coming here to exchange views and ideas, we all learn and grow as not only players but as people from the interaction that occurs here. You've got it man just keep workin it!! "Keep It In The Pocket" PT.

  5. #305
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Manu,

    I want to encourage, that's all.
    We have it in us. Different views
    can help us pull it out sometimes.
    There's SO much talent here. I
    want to thank you for your very
    kind words.

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    When a guy like Dazz comes out
    and makes an inquiry, I really
    listen and it's because I have
    heard his stuff. Same with Steve
    H., Derek and Randy W... I can
    go on, with the guys here. There
    are many strong players.

    They have their things and are
    not just coming out with it be-
    cause they want to razz us. We
    all have our different things.
    Those differences can help!

    When I hear something from a
    guy like Pedro, whom I have a
    special affinity, it gives me
    a real nudge. These guys are
    real monsters and I'm interested
    in everything they have to say.

    Not everyone communicates the
    same way and remember how easy
    it is to misconstrue on forums
    like these. I have gotten shit
    from some people but I never let
    it get to me, remaining positive,
    especially with the younger play-
    ers, who, I believe, really NEED
    that encouragement.

    I remember reading something
    you said. Believe that you can
    do anything you put your mind
    to. ANYTHING. When I was young-
    er, I never thought that I could
    turn around and play everything,
    leading left. It took and injury
    to force me to disprove that.
    Don't make it so that you need
    an injury to force you to prove
    to yourself that you can break
    anything down and do it.

    You are an adaptable creature.
    We all are.

    This forum is a positive one
    and it can be more positive
    when we get behind each other
    and push each other.

    I know you want to do that for
    Rudy. Trust me, when I say a
    guy like Dazz wants that too.
    He is a sensitive player and
    what's more, drinks the best
    beer in the world.

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I'm behind you too, Manu!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 23, 2004 04:13 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  6. #306
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always enjoy your posts Peter, you have "pasta de maestro" ( I'll let you translate that for yourself [img]wink.gif[/img] )

    Unfortunately I'am not a very talented drummer, I've been playing for around 4 years and a bit and I'm not happy with my level of playing. That's why I know how some commentary that shows certain INDIFFERENCE to one's playing can undermine your selfconfidence badly.
    Sometimes we, the unexperienced players( and there I don't include Rudy, because unexperienced players don't play along to Scofield's music the way he did, believe me!!) record something to get feedback and we are all enthusiastic about it and then suddenly some guy comes and says " oh yeah, is "alright", even though I don't know what your intention is with that, your just doing this and that and nothing special bla bla bla". Well let me tell you, that doesn't help at all, it just destroys your selfesteem and you have to wait for a while to recover.

    Well anyways is not such a big deal, this forum is great and I've been reading for years many drumming forums and now, after all, I ended up just reading this one. It's the coolest!!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  7. #307
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, Manu...

    Let's talk about your playing
    and what we can do to contribute
    to it. Why not let me hear some
    of what you are doing?

    Tell me about your approach. I'd
    like to hear what you listen to
    and why you like it. Also, tell
    me what you want to do with the
    drums. What do you want to be
    able to do? Let's go there.

    We can do it and remember that
    not everyone feels the same about
    the same thing. I'll listen to it
    and considering what you have
    said. Confidence is not a rock
    that doesn't change but clay
    that can be molded.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  8. #308
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry peter, I don't have anything uploaded.

    I listen mainly to fusion and progressive music but I play alternative rock because it's more popular and easier to "sell" to people.

    I've had some very talented bands but I've always failed untill now. Now I'am in a project and seeing what happens. The music sounds very KROQ friendly so I hope we can go somehwere with it.

    When I get something recorded I'll post it.

    Thanks for the interest my friend [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  9. #309
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Then let's talk about what
    you think your weaknesses
    are. Tell me, please.

    Then, tell me about what
    your strengths are.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  10. #310
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

    I DO have something, but it's kinda old, more than a year old but you know what, I'll post it anyways!!!!

    http://91985608.home.icq.com/one13.mp3

    copy and paste otherwise it won't work

    As you'll hear my playing is very square, now I'm a bit better though [img]cool.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •